- Study Groups: informal, regular attendance not necessary, emphasis on sharing rather than teaching
- Course: more formal, regular attendance recommended, plan of study provided
- Workshop: Like a Study Group or Course, but done in consolidated time. Usually done to generate more income for the teacher/facilitator
Advantages to ACT
- Way to reach the community
- Personal growth opportunity for members
- Way to generate revenue
- Acting out our mission!!!
- Attract new members
Advantages to the instructor/facilitator:
- ACT will send out announcement to all on the mailing list.
- Listed on the web site.
- Included on the ACT calendar
- Mentioned in the newsletter.
- ACT could act as the administrator; assisting in finding a facility, publicity, etc.
How to submit a proposal and getting approval:
- The instructor/facilitator contacts any Co- Creation Council (CCC) member.
- The instructor/facilitator fills out a form provided by ACT (see form below).
- The CCC contact person brings the proposal to the attention of all CCC members, during a meeting or via e-mail.
- A thumbs up from all CCC members is required.
- Any reservation concerning the application will be discussed.
- If proposal is denied an explanation is given with the opportunity to resubmit the proposal.
Who can ask ACT to sponsor their Study Group, Course, or Workshop?
- ACT members only
Options on how the fee works:
- Study Group:
- A once a year charge, allowing the persons to run Study Group more than once
- A charge each time the Study Group cycle is run
- 10% of the Study Group fee goes to ACT
- A once a year charge, allowing the person to run their course more than once.
- A charge each time the course is run
- 10% of the course fee goes to ACT
- ACT may act as the Administrator charging for each offering.
- Administrator offerings: Publicity – newsletter, web, e-mail, distributing literature, creating literature;
Assisting in getting facility
- A separate schedule needs to be determined for the fee.
- 10% or more of workshop fee goes to ACT
- Any study group, course, or workshop that is offered for free:
- no charge
- if a love offering is encouraged, 5% given to ACT